How to Make:
- Place a pizza stone or baking tray in your oven. Preheat the oven to the highest temperature (without using any fan-forced function) for at least 20 minutes to get the stone or tray as hot as possible. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan and cook the sage leaves until crisp. Remove the leaves from the oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Use your hands to squeeze the tomatoes – it doesn’t matter if there are pieces left and they’re not completely uniform. Spread the squeezed tomato onto the pizza base, leaving the edges clear to about 3-4cm. Evenly scatter the mozzarella, ham and mushrooms over the pizza base. Season. Bake the pizza for 3-5 minutes, until cooked, turning the tray to get an even colour. Drizzle the pizza with the extra olive oil and scatter the fried sage on top.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbs extra, for drizzling
- 12 large fresh sage leaves
- 80g (1/3 cup) canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 250g pizza dough (see notes)
- 100g fior di latte mozzarella (see notes), thinly sliced
- 90g smoked leg ham, shaved
- 90g (1 cup) thinly sliced button mushrooms or small cap mushrooms