How to Make:
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, celery, pancetta and garlic, stirring, for 6 minutes or until soft. Add the sweet potato. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until combined.
- Add the stock, lentils and tomato. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Add broccoli. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is tender crisp.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls and top with parsley.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, finely chopped
- 50g pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed, drained
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve