How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Brush two 25cm pizza trays with oil to grease.
- Combine water and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle with the yeast and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 5 minutes or until foaming.
- Meanwhile, sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in centre and add yeast mixture and oil. Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined, then use your hands to bring together. (It should be soft and slightly sticky.)
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 6 minutes or until almost smooth. Divide the dough in half and cover with a clean damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 5 minutes.
- Roll each dough portion out to line greased pizza trays. Spread bases with pizza sauce, if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. (To freeze pizza bases, see notes.)
Time for preparing:8 min. PT8M
- Olive oil, to grease
- 250ml (1 cup) lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
- 450g (3 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 140g container pizza sauce, optional