How to Make:
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and ginger, stirring, for 1 minute or until light golden. Add curry paste. Cook for 45 seconds. Stir in coconut milk and stock. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the fish sauce and chilli paste to taste, if using.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles following packet directions. Drain well.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Top with cabbage, carrot, sprouts and chicken. Ladle over soup. Top with fresh chilli and coriander. Serve immediately.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fish sauce (optional
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste (optional)
- 300g fresh hokkien noodles
- 1 1/2 cups finely sliced red cabbage
- 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Thinly sliced small red chillies, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve