How to Make:
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add laksa paste and ginger, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the coconut milk, stock and whole kaffir lime leaves. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and prawns, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the prawns change colour and curl. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Drain and divide among serving bowls.
- Ladle the laksa over the noodles. Add a drizzle of coconut cream and top with the bean sprouts, chilli, basil and extra kaffir lime leaves.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 185g jar laksa paste
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, plus extra, shredded, to serve
- 1 chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 24 green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 200g thin rice stick noodles
- Coconut cream, to serve
- 65g (1 cup) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- Thai basil leaves, to serve