How to Make:
- Place stock and thyme sprigs in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, melt 40g butter in a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until rice is coated
- Reduce heat to low. Add 1/3 cup hot stock to rice. Cook, stirring, until liquid is absorbed. Repeat with stock, ??? cup at a time, allowing liquid to be absorbed before each addition, until rice is almost tender (see notes). Add remaining stock and half the mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in cream and parmesan. Top with remaining mushrooms, extra parmesan and extra thyme. Serve.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 1.5 litres salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 60g butter
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 150g packet pasta mushroom mix (see notes)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup light thickened cream for cooking
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve