How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the milk. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until evenly incorporated and the mixture begins to hold together.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out the dough into a 30 x 40cm rectangle.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a 2cm border around the edge. Sprinkle with the cheddar, ham and pineapple. Starting from a long side, roll up firmly to form a log. Brush the edge with a little extra milk and press down firmly to seal the log. Cut crossways into 12 equal portions, about 3cm thick. Place scrolls on the prepared tray. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 90g butter, cut into cubes
- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- Plain flour, to dust
- 60g (1/4 cup) pizza sauce
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 150g sliced leg ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 225g can pineapple pieces, drained on paper towel
- Extra milk, to brush