How to Make:
- Combine yeast, sugar and 1 tablespoon plain flour in a bowl. Whisk in 1 cup warm water until yeast has dissolved. Cover. Stand in a warm place for 15 minutes or until mixture is foaming.
- Place wholemeal plain flour and remaining plain flour in a food processor. With the motor running, add yeast mixture and oil. Process until mixture forms a ball. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Place dough in a large lightly oiled bowl. Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly dust 2 large baking trays with flour. Combine capsicum, mushroom, onion, pineapple and cheese in a bowl.
- Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead until smooth. Divide into 8 portions. Using a lightly dusted rolling pin, roll each portion out to a 12cm round. Spread each round with 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste. Top half of each round with one-eighth vegetable mixture. Fold pastry over to enclose filling. Pinch edges together to seal. Place on prepared trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside to cool. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 small green capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup drained pineapple pieces in natural juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced tomato paste