How to Make:
- Combine the beef, onion, tomato paste, breadcrumbs and chives in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roll tablespoonfuls of beef mixture into balls; place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until brown all over and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place lettuce in an airtight container. Top with cucumber and tomatoes. Top with the meatballs. Serve with hummus, yoghurt, sweet chilli or tomato sauce.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 250g beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs (made with day-old bread)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Mignonette lettuce leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced lengthways
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Hummus, yoghurt, sweet chilli sauce or tomato sauce, to serve