How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pumpkin in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Use your hands to squeeze as much liquid from spinach as possible. Place in a bowl with pumpkin. Add ricotta; gently stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place filo flat on a work surface. Keep covered with a damp tea towel while working to prevent it drying out. Take 1 sheet of pastry and brush lightly with butter. Top with another sheet; brush with butter. Place 1/4 of pumpkin mixture along one long side of the pastry. Loosely roll pastry to enclose filling, then working quickly, coil the length of filo into a snail shape. Place on lined tray and brush with a little more butter. Repeat with remaining filo, butter and filling to make 4 snails. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Set aside on the trays to cool.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 200g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g pkt frozen spinach, defrosted
- 150g fresh ricotta
- 8 filo sheets
- 60g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds