How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan.
- Make topping Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place flour, baking powder, bran, sugar, cinnamon and apple in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre.
- Place milk, apple sauce, oil and egg in a jug. Whisk until just combined.
- Pour milk mixture into well. Gently stir until just combined (don’t over-mix). Spoon mixture into prepared pan holes. Sprinkle with topping. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Time for preparing:27 min. PT27M
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large pink lady apple, grated
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten Topping
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon