How to Make:
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add spinach. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until spinach has wilted. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Roughly chop.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a large baking tray. Place spinach mixture, ricotta, pine nuts and parmesan in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on a flat surface. Lightly spray with oil. Top with 1 pastry sheet. Cut pastry in half lengthways. Cut each half crossways to make 4 pieces in total. Cover remaining pastry with a damp tea towel so it doesn’t dry out.
- With 1 short end facing you, spoon 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture onto 1 pastry piece, 4cm from edge. Fold 1 long side into centre to cover spinach mixture. Repeat with remaining long side. Fold end closest to you over spinach mixture. Continue folding to form a rectangular parcel. Place, seam-side down, on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining pastry, oil, and spinach mixture to make 12 parcels (if freezing, see note).
- Spray pillow tops with oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve.
Time for preparing:23 min. PT23M
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed baby spinach
- 2/3 cup fresh reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil cooking spray