How to Make:
- To make cream cheese pastry, process flour and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the cream cheese and process until mixture just comes together. Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until almost crisp. Add leek and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Stir in the rosemary. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Preheat a baking tray in oven. Combine the bacon mixture, ricotta, parmesan, egg and parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 30cm disc. Line the base and side of a round 22cm (base measurement) springform pan with pastry. Add the ricotta mixture and smooth the surface. Fold in the edge of the pastry to partially enclose the filling. Bake on the prepared tray for 45 minutes or until crisp.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
Time for preparing:55 min. PT55M
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g rindless bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 650g fresh ricotta
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley cream cheese pastry
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 50g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 125g cream cheese, chilled, chopped