How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Make a well in centre. Add milk. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir to form a soft, sticky dough (don't overmix).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 30 seconds or until smooth. Using a rolling pin, roll out to a 1cm-deep, 35cm x 25cm rectangle. Spread with pesto. Sprinkle with cheese. Starting from 1 long side, roll up like a Swiss roll. Using a serrated knife, trim ends. Cut into ten 3.5cm-thick slices. Arrange slices, cut side up, on prepared tray in a flower shape (slices should be touching).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until scrolls sound hollow when tapped. Turn out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 30g butter, chilled, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese