How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre. Add yeast, oil and water. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough onto a clean, lightly floured surface. Knead for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Divide dough into 4 portions. Roll out each portion on a lightly floured surface to a 20cm disc. Divide the tomato paste, pineapple, combined capsicum, ham, shallot and cheddar among the discs.
- Fold each disc in half to enclose the filling. Press the edges to seal. Transfer the turnovers to the prepared tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden and the turnovers sound hollow when tapped on the base.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 185ml (3/4 cup) warm water
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced tomato paste
- 225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
- 1/2 green capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 100g light shaved ham, coarsely chopped
- 2 shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 85g reduced-fat grated cheddar