How to Make:
- Preheat grill on high. Spray a large baking tray with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Place the capsicum, skin-side up, on the prepared tray. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Cook under grill for 5 minutes or until charred and blistered.
- Transfer to a sealable plastic bag and set aside for 5 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel the skin from the capsicum and cut the flesh into thin strips.
- Lightly spread half the bread with butter. Spread the remaining bread with the pesto. Top the buttered bread with the rocket, capsicum and cheddar. Top with the remaining bread, pesto-side down. Use a serrated knife to trim the crusts from the sandwiches. Cut into fingers to serve.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- Olive oil spray
- 1 red capsicum, quartered, deseeded
- 8 slices wholegrain bread
- Butter, at room temperature, to spread
- 70g bought basil pesto
- 40g (1 cup) rocket leaves
- 80g extra tasty cheddar, thinly sliced