How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Place honey and 250ml (1 cup) warm water in a bowl, and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the yeast.
- Set aside for 10 minutes, by which time it should start to bubble and foam (if not your yeast is dead and you will have to start again).
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon olive oil, and use your hands to bring it together to form a smooth ball. Turn onto a floured workbench and knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
- Roll out to a 30cm circle. Brush a pizza plate or baking tray with a little oil and sprinkle with polenta.
- Place dough on the tray. Place garlic, herbs and remaining oil in a bowl and brush a little over the pizza base. Arrange the potato, overlapping, on top, then brush with more oil.
- Scatter the garlic over the pizza and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden. Drizzle with any remaining oil.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 7g dried yeast
- 21/2 cups strong bread flour, plus extra to knead
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 2 teaspoons polenta
- 6 garlic cloves, skin on, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs (such as rosemary and thyme)
- 450g red-skinned potatoes, thinly sliced