How to Make:
- Combine flour, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Stir in salt. Make a well. Add water and oil. Stir to combine. Use your hands to bring dough together.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Brush a bowl with oil. Add dough. Turn to coat.
- Cover with a damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size. Punch down dough with your fist.
- Knead for 30 seconds or until dough is original size. Halve dough. Cover 1 portion with a damp tea towel. Roll out the other portion to 30cm.
- Preheat oven to 230ºC. Dust trays with polenta. Ease the dough so it comes a little up the side. This forms a thicker edge during baking.
- Use your fingers to press the base, avoiding the edge, to make indents. This stops it rising in the centre. Repeat with remaining dough.
Time for preparing:17 min. PT17M
- 450g (3 cups) Lighthouse Bread & Pizza Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
- Large pinch of caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Polenta, to dust