How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice the olives. Spread both pizza bases evenly with the pesto sauce. Place one pizza base onto a baking tray and top with the salami, basil, sliced olives and the mozzarella. Place the second pizza base, pesto-side down, on top and press firmly to sandwich together. Arrange the bocconcini on top of the pizza sandwich and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake the pizza sandwich in preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through and the bocconcini is melted. Garnish with the extra pitted olives, cut into wedges and Serve immediately
- 6 pitted black olives
- 2 pizza bases
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce with roasted capsicum (Prima Dolmio brand)
- 10 thin slices (about 40g) mild salami
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 50g (1/2 cup) grated mozzarella
- 2 bocconcini cheese, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra pitted black olives, halved, to garnish