How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg yolk and beat to combine. Add the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and stir to combine. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into 2 portions. Roll 1 portion out on a lightly floured surface to a 5mm-thick disc. Use 7cm, 4cm and 2cm star cutters to cut stars from the gingerbread and place on the lined trays. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 10-12 mins or until lightly golden. Set aside on trays to cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Place royal icing in a piping bag fitted with a 1mm plain nozzle. Pipe onto biscuits. Set aside to set.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (175g) golden syrup
- 1 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 quantity royal icing (see notes)