How to Make:
- Place flours and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk and egg together in a jug. Add to well. Stir until smooth.
- Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Carefully wipe any excess oil from pan. Spoon 2 level teaspoons of batter into pan. Drop ? teaspoon jam onto centre of pikelet. Top with 1 level teaspoon batter, spreading a little to cover jam. Repeat to make 5 more pikelets. Cook for 2 minutes or until small bubbles start to form on surface. Carefully turn over. Cook for a further 30 seconds to 1 minute or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining batter and jam to make 20 pikelets. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days (see notes).
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam