How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan on all sides.
- Peel, halve, core and roughly chop 2 apples. Place chopped apples and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until apple softens. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth (you’ll need 1 cup). Set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, almond meal and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk oil, eggs, vanilla and milk in a jug. Add to flour mixture with 1 cup apple puree. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top.
- Cut remaining apples in half. Core and thinly slice. Arrange the apple slices, in rows, on mixture. Sprinkle with macadamias. Drizzle with honey. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan. Dust lightly with icing sugar. Serve.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 4 pink lady apples
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon Masterfoods Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped macadamias
- 1 tablespoon yellow box honey
- Icing sugar, to serve