How to Make:
- Grease a 20cm round (base) springform pan. Line side with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edge of pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 2 cups cream until just-firm peaks form. In a separate bowl and using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, caster sugar, vanilla and 1/2 the golden syrup for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Place 2 1/2 tablespoons hot water in a small bowl. Sprinkle over gelatine. Stir until dissolved. Beat gelatine mixture into cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place 1/3 of the biscuits over base of prepared pan. Top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers with remaining biscuits and cheese mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and remaining syrup and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Boil, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and transfer to a plate. Smooth side with a spatula. Drizzle with 1/2 the sauce and decorate with almonds. Serve with remaining sauce.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 600ml thickened cream
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup CSR Golden Syrup
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 300g packet Anzac biscuits
- 1/4 cup CSR Dark Brown Sugar
- 20g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted