How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 11.5cm x 20cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edges on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, caster sugar, lemon rind and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined after each addition. Add flour. Stir to combine. Add lemon juice and 1/2 cup yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of loaf comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if over-browning during cooking). Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a wire rack lined with baking paper to cool completely.
- Combine icing sugar and remaining yoghurt in a medium bowl. Add enough extra lemon juice to form a drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over loaf. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Stand for 15 minutes. Serve.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 175g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style All Natural Yoghurt
- 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- Extra 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Lemon zest, to serve