How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease base and side of a 30 x 20cm (base measurement) pan and line with baking paper, allowing the long sides to overhang.
- Combine the butter, sugar and juice in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth (do not boil). Set aside to cool.
- Add the eggs to the cooled butter mixture. Whisk until combined. Add combined sifted flours and gently fold until mixture is just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Top with the strawberries. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully turn out onto a wire rack. Remove and discard baking paper, then invert onto another rack. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place icing sugar and extra orange juice in a bowl. Stir until smooth and combined. Drizzle the icing over the cake. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Set aside to set.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 155g (3 ?4 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1 ? 2 cup) fresh orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 225g (11 ?2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 75g (1 ?2 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 250g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled, halved lengthways
- 80g (1 ?2 cup) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 5 teaspoons strained fresh orange juice, extra
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, finely chopped