How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12-hole, 1/3 cup (80ml) capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and brown sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the mashed pumpkin, half the flour and half the milk. Stir to combine. Add the cinnamon, ginger, remaining flour and remaining milk. Stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared holes. Bake for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a clean electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and caster sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Tint with a little red and yellow colouring to make orange. Spread the tops of the cupcakes with frosting. Drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle with pecans.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 175g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) brown sugar
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 2/3 cup mashed pumpkin (see notes)
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Red liquid food colouring
- Yellow liquid food colouring
- Caramel topping, to serve
- Chopped pecans, to serve