How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm baba or ring pan. Dust with rice flour.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the self-raising flour, yoghurt and blueberries until combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Set aside for 10 mins to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, to make the lemon syrup, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and ? cup (185ml) of water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Cook for 5 mins or until syrup thickens. Place the warm cake on a serving platter with a lip. Carefully pour hot syrup over cake.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- Rice flour, to dust
- 170g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 1/3 cups (215g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup (190g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 125g fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries Lemon syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar