How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine the sugar, milk, butter, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the butter melts and the mixture is smooth. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly.
- Add flour and almond meal and whisk to combine. Add the egg and whisk to combine. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 45 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the ganache icing, place the chocolate, sour cream and butter in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and stir for 5 mins or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Add the icing sugar and whisk to combine. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until icing thickens. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Place the cooled cake on a serving plate. Spread the ganache icing evenly over the top of the cake. Cut into pieces to serve.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (185ml) milk
- 150g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked Ganache icing
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g sour cream
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture