How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and side of a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Stir the butter, chocolate and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the sugar, egg, vanilla, flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into the chocolate mixture until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- For the red-wine cherries, place red wine in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced slightly. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved cherry syrup and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the cherries. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes into the cake at regular intervals (do not push all the way through). Strain the cherries and reserve. Carefully pour all but 1 tbs of the syrup over the cake. Top with whipped cream and reserved cherries. Drizzle with reserved liquid.
Time for preparing:65 min. PT65M
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 180g white chocolate, chopped
- 180ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Whipped cream, to serve Red-wine cherries
- 125ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 415g can stoneless black cherries, drained, syrup reserved