How to Make:
- Process the raspberries and boiling water in the bowl of a food processor until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl. Discard the seeds.
- Add the sugar and 1/2 cup water to a large saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to the boil. Add the pear and raspberry mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the pear is tender. Set aside to cool.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pear to a bowl. Return the raspberry mixture to medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Place enough hot cross bun in a 3.75L (15 cup) trifle bowl to cover the base. Top with half the cream. Drizzle with the raspberry syrup. Place the pear, standing up, against the side of the bowl. Fill the centre with the remaining hot cross bun.
- Top with the custard and the remaining cream. Drizzle with the caramel topping. Top with the chocolate eggs.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 60g (1/2 cup) frozen raspberries
- 60ml (1/4 cup) boiling water
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 4 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 7 hot cross buns, toasted, torn into pieces
- 600ml ctn thickened cream, whipped
- 750ml (3 cups) thick custard
- Caramel topping, to serve
- Small caramel chocolate eggs, to serve