How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 20 x 30cm lamington pan. Line with baking paper, allowing 2 long sides to overhang.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add salt. Use electric beaters to beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl for 8 minutes or until thick and pale. Sift one-third of flour mixture over the egg mixture. Fold until combined. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture, in 2 batches.
- Pour butter and water around the edge of the bowl. Fold to combine. Pour into prepared lamington pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until mixture springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Trim edges of the cake and cut into 15 squares.
- For choc icing, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a heatproof bowl. Add water and butter and stir until smooth. Place over a saucepan of warm water.
- Place sugar sprinkles on a plate. Use 2 forks to dip 1 cake square in icing. Shake off excess. Roll in sugar sprinkles to coat. Transfer lamington to a lined tray. Repeat with remaining cake, icing and coconut. Set aside for 1 hour to set.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 148g btl Wilton Gold Pearlized Sugar Sprinkles Chocolate icing
- 500g pkt pure icing sugar
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) hot water
- 20g unsalted butter, melted