How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line twelve 80ml (1?3 cup) muffin pans with paper cases. Finely chop 2 figs. Set aside. Cut remaining figs into quarters. Reserve.
- Combine the flour, sugar, almond meal, baking powder and bicarb in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, honey, eggs and rind in a jug. Add buttermilk mixture, ricotta and finely chopped fig to the well. Stir until just combined (do not overmix). Divide among prepared pans. Top with almonds and fig quarters. Drizzle with extra honey. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 5 fresh figs
- 235g (1 1/2 cups) wholemeal spelt flour
- 50g (1 ?4 cup) coconut sugar
- 30g (1 ?4 cup) almond meal
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125ml (1 ?2 cup) buttermilk
- 80ml (1 ?3 cup) light extra virgin olive oil
- 80ml (1 ?3 cup) honey, plus 1 tbs, extra
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 120g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 25g (1 ?4 cup) natural sliced almonds