How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease base and side of a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Combine the butter, sugar and milk in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth (do not boil). Set aside to cool.
- Whisk banana and eggs into the butter mixture. Fold in flour. Finely chop 50g of the honeycomb and fold in. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn onto a rack. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place a square 15cm piece of clean, unpopped bubble wrap on a clean work surface, bubble side up. Spread with the melted chocolate to cover a square of roughly 12cm. Place in fridge for 15 minutes or until set. Carefully peel the bubble wrap away from chocolate and break into shards.
- Use a wooden spoon to beat the cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl until well combined. Cut the cake in half horizontally. Spread with half the icing. Top with the remaining cake. Spread with remaining icing. Decorate with choc shards and remaining honeycomb. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 125g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 100g (1 ?2 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1 ?2 cup) milk
- 2 large bananas, mashed well
- 2 eggs
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 130g honeycomb, chopped into chunks
- 125g white choc melts, melted
- 2 x 250g tubs spreadable cream cheese
- 60g (1 ?3 cup) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- Caramel sauce, to drizzle