How to Make:
- To make dough, place yeast, sugar and 500ml (2 cups) warm water in a bowl and stir to dissolve. Stand for 5 minutes or until mixture starts to froth. Meanwhile, sift flour with salt into a large bowl, pressing salt through sieve. Add yeast mixture and stir until mixture comes together.
- Using your hands, knead dough on a floured work surface for 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, knead dough using an electric mixer with a dough hook.) Place in a large, lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place to prove for 3 hours or until doubled in size.
- Using your fist, knock down dough. Turn out onto a floured work surface, then divide into 6 and form each portion into a ball. Place balls on a large tray and cover loosely with a slightly damp tea towel. Stand in a draught-free place for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Place 2 heavy-based oven trays or pizza stones in oven and preheat to 230C. Place 1 dough ball on a lightly floured work surface and, using the palm of your hand, pat ball flat then outwards, working from the centre to the edge (the edge should be thicker than the centre so it puffs and forms a rim when baked). Holding the edge, carefully lift dough up, allowing it to dangle so the weight causes it to stretch. Then, quickly move the edge through your hands until dough has stretched to form a 23cm round. Drape over the back of two clenched fists and gently stretch to form a 25cm round, then place on a sheet of baking paper. Working quickly, repeat with a second dough ball.
- Working quickly, slide pizzas with baking paper onto hot trays. Spoon 60ml (1/4 cup) tomatoes over each base and, using the back of spoon, spread evenly all the way to the edge. Place one-sixth of the mozzarella and 3 anchovy fillets on each base. Bake, swapping trays halfway, for 10 minutes or until dough is golden and cheese is bubbling.
- Serve pizzas immediately. Meanwhile, repeat twice more with remaining dough and topping. Makes 6 pizzas.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 2 x 400g cans Italian crushed tomatoes
- 4 x 110g tubs buffalo mozzarella, drained, patted dry, cut into 5mm-thick slices (see top tips)
- 2 x 45g cans anchovies in olive oil Pizza dough
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 785g (5 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes