How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a square 21cm (base measurement) cake pan and line with baking paper, allowing it to overhang on all sides.
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg yolks and icing sugar in a large bowl until very pale and thick. Beat in the lemon rind and juice until combined.
- Beat in the flour until combined. Pour in the butter and beat until well combined. With the beaters on low speed, gradually add the milk and beat until well combined.
- Use electric beaters with the whisk attachment to whisk the egg whites in a bowl until firm peaks form. Beat in caster sugar until well combined and the mixture holds firm peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- Use a large spoon to fold a third of the egg white into the flour mixture. Repeat in 2 more batches until just combined (you may have a few lumps). Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with the raspberries.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cake is set but wobbles slightly. Set aside in the pan to cool completely. Carefully cut into slices and dust with extra icing sugar. Serve with double cream and extra raspberries.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 4 eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 210g (1 1/3 cups) icing sugar mixture, plus extra, to dust
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 100g (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 120g butter, melted, cooled
- 600ml milk, slightly warmed
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 125g fresh raspberries, plus extra, to serve
- Double cream, to serve