How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- For the dough, combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add butter. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk and egg in a jug. Pour milk mixture into the well. Use a flat-bladed knife to gently stir until a soft, sticky dough forms. Add hundreds and thousands. Use hands to gently knead to combine. Turn onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to a 30 x 40cm rectangle. Sprinkle butter over dough, leaving a 1cm border along one long side. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle over dough. Starting from the filled long side, roll up to form a log. Cut into 12 slices. Place, cut side up, in prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Tint the royal icing pink with food colouring. Drizzle icing over the scrolls and sprinkle with extra hundreds and thousands.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 75g butter, chopped, softened
- 80g (1 ?2 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Store-bought royal icing, to serve
- Pink food colouring, to tint
- Hundreds and thousands, to decorate Dough
- 340g (21 ?4 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 50g butter, chilled, chopped
- 160ml (2?3 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 60g (1 ?2 cup) hundreds and thousands