How to Make:
- Place ice-cream in a large bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Grease a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) baking pan and line the base and sides with plastic wrap.
- Reserve a few mini eggs for decorating. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to coarsely crush the remaining mini eggs. Add the crushed mini eggs to the ice-cream and stir to combine. Transfer the ice-cream to the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Cover with baking paper and place in freezer overnight or until firm.
- Place the cream, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly. Add the chocolate and vanilla and stir until chocolate melts and a smooth sauce forms.
- Divide hot cross bun bases among serving plates. Top each base with a large scoop of ice-cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Top with remaining hot cross bun. Decorate with reserved mini eggs.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 1L (4 cups) good-quality vanilla ice-cream
- 2 x 125g pkts Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 250ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 20g butter
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 hot cross buns, split, toasted
Neopolitan ice-cream cake
White choc cheesecake with port syrup cherries
Raspberry cheesecake ice-cream
Easter egg caramel slice
Hot cross bun chocolate bread and butter pudding
Blueberry and coconut ice-cream cake
Easy dulce de leche ice-cream sandwiches
Fruit mince tarts with gingernut ice-cream and almond praline