How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 20 x 30cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper, allowing long sides to overhang.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter, sugars and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add egg and beat until well combined. Beat in peanut butter. Sift over flour and baking powder. Add oats, choc chips and chopped pretzels. Stir to combine. Press into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Set aside in pan to cool completely.
- Spread melted chocolate over cookie bar. Top with extra pretzels. Place in fridge for 20 minutes or until set. Cut into 30 squares.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 150g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 130g (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 90g (1 cup) traditional oats
- 190g (1 cup) dark chocolate chips
- 50g (1 cup) pretzels, coarsely chopped, plus 30 extra, to decorate
- 300g dark chocolate, melted