How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a 20cm x 11.5cm loaf pan with baking paper, allowing the 2 long sides to overhang.
- Place the grated pear, oil, egg and milk in a small bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Place the flour, sugar, almond meal and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the pear mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Arrange the sliced pear on top.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 mins before turning onto a serving plate. Cut into slices and serve warm or toasted with butter.
Time for preparing:75 min. PT75M
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated William Bartlett pear (about 4 pears)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 1/2 cups (335g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 11/4 cups (275g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 William Bartlett pear, extra, sliced thinly
- Butter, to serve