How to Make:
- Divide self-raising flour between 2 bowls. Stir caster sugar into 1 bowl. Stir dark brown sugar into the other.
- Whisk buttermilk, butter, eggs and mashed bananas in a bowl. Divide between the 2 flour mixtures. Stir to combine.
- Layer the banana bread mixtures in a greased and lined 10cm x 22cm loaf pan, alternating with cinnamon sugar. Use a knife to gently marble. Smooth the surface.
- Melt 10g butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Halve lady finger bananas lengthways. Cook, cut-side down, for 2 mins or until golden. Arrange, cut-side up, over the banana bread.
- Bake at 180C for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 mins. Turn onto a serving Recipes & food preparation plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 150g melted butter
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 2 mashed large ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 10g butter
- 3 lady finger bananas