How to Make:
- Process the chamomile in a food processor until finely chopped. Pass through a coarse sieve and discard any large solids. Process the sieved chamomile and the sugar until well combined.
- Use electric beaters to beat the sugar mixture, butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the almond meal and egg. Beat until combined. Add the flour and beat on low speed until just combined. Gather the dough together and turn onto a clean, lightly floured surface. Divide in half and shape into discs. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight to rest.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Roll out 1 portion of dough between two sheets of lightly floured baking paper until 4mm thick. Use a 7cm fluted cookie cutter to cut 8 rounds from the dough, rerolling scraps. Place on 1 prepared tray. Place tray in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Roll out the remaining portion of dough. Use a 7cm fluted cookie cutter to cut another 8 rounds, rerolling scraps. Use a 4cm flower shaped cutter to cut shapes in the centre of each round. Place the cut rounds on 1 prepared tray and flower shapes on the remaining tray. Place trays in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Bake the round biscuits, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 12-14 minutes or until light golden. Bake the little flower biscuits for 7-8 minutes or until light golden. Set aside on trays to cool completely.
- Spread the whole round biscuits evenly with spoonfuls of jam. Dust the cut round biscuits with icing sugar. Sandwich together. Serve with the little flower biscuits.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 2 tablespoons loose leaf chamomile tea flowers
- 120g caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Large pinch of salt
- 80g (2/3 cup) almond meal
- 1 egg
- 340g (2 1/4 cups) plain flour
- Good quality strawberry jam, to sandwich