How to Make:
- Sift flour into a large bowl, then stir in yeast, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the centre, add 2 tablespoons oil and 200ml warm water. Mix to combine, then turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, knead in an electric mixer with a dough hook for 5 minutes.) Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and rest in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, finely chop 1 garlic clove. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium heat, then add chopped garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until rich and thick. Season, cool slightly, then whiz in a blender until smooth. Cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place 2 large baking trays or pizza stones in the oven to preheat for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice remaining 2 garlic cloves and set aside. Cut the chicory into 5cm lengths and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook sliced garlic for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the chicory, anchovy and 1 teaspoon chilli and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until chicory is just tender. Set aside.
- Punch down the dough and divide in half. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to two 30cm rounds. Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza bases leaving a 2cm border. Scatter over chicory mixture, pancetta and remaining 1 teaspoon chilli flakes. Transfer pizzas to the hot trays or pizza stones and bake for 10 minutes or until pancetta starts to crisp. Remove from the oven and scatter cheese over pizzas. Return to the oven and cook for a further 6-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the base is golden.
- Drizzle with oil and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 2 cups (300g) '00' flour, plus extra to dust (see note)
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to grease and drizzle
- 3 garlic cloves
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch chicory, trimmed (see note)
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 10 slices flat pancetta
- 300g fior di latte cheese, torn (see note)