How to Make:
- Process the flour, salt and butter in a food processor until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and water and process until the dough just starts to come together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the ricotta filling, combine the ricotta, prosciutto, ham, pepperoni, mortadella, mozzarella, provolone, pecorino, oregano and 5 eggs in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll out two-thirds of the dough until 5mm thick. Line the base and sides of a 22 x 32cm baking dish with pastry, allowing edges to overhang slightly. Spoon ricotta filling into pastry case and smooth the surface.
- Roll the remaining dough into a 24 x 34cm rectangle. Whisk remaining egg in a small bowl. Brush dough with a little egg. Place the dough, egg-side down, over the ricotta filling. Trim excess dough and pinch the edges to seal. Use a fork to prick the surface all over. Bake for 45 minutes. Brush the top with egg and bake for a further 45 minutes or until golden and the filling has set. Set aside to cool.
Time for preparing:90 min. PT90M
- 600g (4 cups) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 300g butter, chilled, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60ml (1/4 cup) iced water Ricotta filling
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 200g sliced prosciutto, cut into 1cm pieces
- 150g sliced ham, cut into 1cm pieces
- 150g pepperoni, cut into 1cm pieces
- 150g mortadella, cut into 1cm pieces
- 100g mozzarella, cut into 1cm pieces
- 100g provolone, cut into 1cm pieces
- 60g (3/4 cup) coarsely grated pecorino
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 6 eggs