How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place each beetroot on a piece of foil and drizzle with 2 teaspoons water. Wrap beetroot in the foil and secure to make a parcel, then roast for 45-55 minutes until almost tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Remove from the oven and cool, then peel and slice 5mm thick.
- Place the kumara and potatoes in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until starting to soften but the centres are still firm when pierced with the tip of a knife. Drain and cool. Peel and slice 5mm thick.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, then cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until softened. Stir in sour cream, cream, mustard and parmesan. Season. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Spread half the cooled cream sauce over 1 Lebanese bread, then top with half the beetroot, kumara and potato slices. Scatter with half the rosemary leaves and tomato. Season. Repeat with remaining Lebanese bread and toppings. Drizzle each pizza with 2 teaspoons oil, then place on trays and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:95 min. PT95M
- 2 beetroot, trimmed
- 1 kumara
- 2 desiree potatoes
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 3/4 cup (185ml) pure (thin) cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 Lebanese breads
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Balsamic glaze (see note), to serve