How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Sift flour into a bowl. Add oats, sugar and coconut. Stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Place butter, water and golden syrup in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in bicarbonate of soda.
- Add butter mixture to oat mixture and stir until well combined. Using 2 rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture at a time, roll mixture into balls. Place balls, 3cm apart, on prepared trays. Flatten slightly. Bake, swapping trays halfway during cooking, for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make Golden Syrup Buttercream: Using an electric mixer, beat butter until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture and golden syrup, beating constantly until combined.
- Sandwich Anzac biscuits with buttercream. Serve.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup traditional rolled oats
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda Golden syrup buttercream
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden syrup