How to Make:
- To make the dough, combine the yeast, sugar and 60ml (1/4 cup) of the water in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until frothy. Combine the flour, semolina and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture, oil and remaining water. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix unti combined. Use your hands to bring dough together.
- Grease a large bowl with oil. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in the bowl. Turn to coat. Cover and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 1 1/4 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 250°C. Grease a 28cm (base measurement) springform pan with oil. Reserve one-third of the dough. Roll out remaining dough onto a lightly floured surface to a 32cm disc. Use to line the prepared pan to cover the base and about 2cm up the side. Layer the sopressa, artichoke, basil, mozzarella and parmesan over the base. Roll out reserved dough to a 28cm disc. Place on top of the filling. Crimp the edges together to seal. Brush with oil. Reduce oven to 180oC. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until dough is crisp.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 150g sopressa salami, coarsely chopped
- 280g btl artichoke hearts in brine, rinsed, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 100g (1 cup) coarsely grated mozzarella
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan Dough
- 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) warm water
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 90g (1/2 cup) semolina
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil