How to Make:
- Place pork in a large, heavy-based saucepan, add enough water to cover pork, then add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer, then cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, for 1 hour or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily with a fork. Cool slightly, then shred. Loosely cover with foil and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make dough, place sugar, yeast and 310ml (1 1/4 cups) warm water in a bowl and stir to dissolve. Stand for 5 minutes or until mixture starts to foam. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl, add yeast mixture, then stir until mixture comes together.
- Using an electric mixer with a dough hook, knead dough for 6 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Transfer to a large, lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then set aside in a warm place to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, to make tomato sauce, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 6 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add tomatoes and 125ml (1/2 cup) water, then bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low–medium and cook for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Cool slightly. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Add lemon juice and mustard, and stir to combine, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To cook pizzas, preheat oven to 230C. Grease frying pans with extra oil. Knock down dough and divide into 4 portions. Working in 2 batches, place 1 portion in each pan and press it out so dough spreads 2cm up edge of pan. Spoon 2 tablespoons tomato sauce over each base. Top each with one-quarter each of the gouda and cheddar cheese, then set aside for 15 minutes to rise.
- Bake pizzas (or large single pizza) for 15 minutes or until puffed, golden and crisp around the edges.
- Remove pizzas from pans, spoon 1 tablespoon remaining tomato sauce over each and top each with one-quarter of the shredded pork. Cover and keep warm while making remaining pizzas.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 400g pork shoulder, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon American mustard
- 50g grated cheddar
- 100g grated gouda cheese (see note) Pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil, plus extra, to grease
- 450g (3 cups) plain flour