How to Make:
- Soak skewers in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Peel and devein prawns, leaving heads and tails intact. Thread onto skewers. Place into a large ceramic dish.
- Make marinade: Place all ingredients into a screw-top jar. Shake well until sugar dissolves. Pour half the marinade over prawns. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place mangoes and coriander into a bowl. Pour over remaining marinade. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Barbecue prawns, turning and basting with marinade occasionally, for 3 minutes or until shells are pink and flesh is cooked through. Serve prawns with mango salad and lime wedges.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 20 green king prawns
- 2 just-ripe mangoes, peeled, diced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- lime wedges, to serve Marinade
- 3 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup grated palm sugar (see note)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed