How to Make:
- Combine 3/4 cup (185ml) lukewarm water, yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar in a small jug. Set aside for 10 minutes until foamy. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon of oil into flour using hands, and knead for 5 minutes to form smooth, elastic dough. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 45 minutes, or until it doubles in size.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, remaining sugar, vinegar and thyme leaves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until onions caramelise. Cool. Place capsicum, skin-side-up, under hot grill until skin blackens, then transfer to a plastic bag to sweat for 5 minutes. Peel, discard skin and slice into strips.
- Preheat oven to 240° C. Grease a 24cm x 34cm baking tray, sprinkle with polenta. Deflate dough with fist and roll to fit prepared tray. Lay onto tray, brush with remaining oil and top with onions, capsicum, anchovies, feta and sprigs of thyme. Bake for 15 minutes, then slide off the tray, directly onto oven rack and bake for further 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 1 x 7g sachet dry yeast
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (260g) plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 500g red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 1 large red capsicum, quartered lengthways
- 1 tablespoon polenta
- 8 anchovies
- 180g South Cape Persian feta