How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook for 3 minutes, or until golden. Set aside on paper towels.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add butter. Rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre. Add milk. Mix with a flat-bladed knife until mixture forms a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth.
- Roll out to a 30cm x 23cm rectangle. Spread pizza sauce over dough, leaving a 1cm strip along 1 long side. Sprinkle bacon and cheese over sauce. Roll up like a Swiss roll. Cut into 12 rounds, taking care not to squash roll.
- Lay scrolls flat onto prepared baking tray, about 3cm apart. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Time for preparing:18 min. PT18M
- 2 rashers bacon, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 30g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese